Spelt Banana Bread
2 Cups Ripe/Mashed Banana
1/2 Tbsp Vanilla or Rum Extract
1 Cup Packed Light Brown Sugar
1/2C Unsalted Butter Plus More For Pan
2 Cups Guardian Grains Whole Nutrition SPELT Flour
1 TSP Salt
1 TSP Ground Cinnamon
1 TSP Nutmeg
1 TSP Baking Soda
1 TSP Baking Powder
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees & grease 9x5 bread pan with butter.
2. In small pan melt the butter over medium-low heat & whisk in brown sugar until smooth.
3. Add mashed banana
4. Whisk in eggs and vanilla or rum extract.
5. In small bowl combine: salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda & baking powder; then sprinkle the surface of banana batter with these dry ingredients evenly and whisk until incorporated.
6. Add SPELT flour and stir until combined.
7. Scrape batter into prepared loaf pan.
8. Bake 55-75 minutes depending on your preference of moisture and doneness or insert toothpick into center of loaf until clean
Bread will be dark but will not taste burned. Let cool completely in pan before baking. Optional: caramelize a split banana and lay on top of batter before baking.